Indy Power Rankings for the Week of November 10th, 2014
1. Adam Cole (@AdamColePro)-The former ROH World Champion hits #1 again! It was a quiet few months for last year’s #2 in the IPR 100 until this week when he picked up the pace by winning the 2014 ROH Survival of the Fittest. This big win not only earned him a #1 ranking this week, but it also earned him an ROH World Title shot at Final Battle. First, he defeated Delirious to move onto the Finals, and then he defeated Adam Page and Hanson and Matt Sydal and Roderick Strong and Tommaso Ciampa to win the tournament. Big win for a guy who was dominant in 2013 and is looking to return to the form in the waning months of 2014. #6 in the online poll.
2. Kongo Kong (@RealKongoKong)-The IWA Mid-South World Champion and resident “Monsta” continued to impress this past week as he once again turned away the challenge of the super popular John Wayne Murdoch on 11/6 at “What If?” and then added more gold to his collection when he won the Neo Pro Title in Canada on 11/8. Very few men have defeated Kong in 2014 and absolutely no one in IWA Mid-South have done it. Will his reign last the rest of 2014? With IWA running shows on a weekly basis, it will interesting to see if Kong can continue to defend his title successfully and in doing so, move up the IPR 100 ladder. Tied for #8 in the online poll.
3. Eddie Kingston (@MadKing_ston81)-Week after week we talk about how someone is being ranked and it’s long overdue. Perhaps no better example of that is Eddie Kingston who finally gets into the Top 10 this year after having a pretty good 2013. He had been snubbed on multiple occasions by the voters, but this week was different as he finally broke through as he once again defeated former #1 Shane Hollister to retain the AAW Heavyweight Title on 11/7. It’s been a long climb for one of the best talkers in independent wrestling, but his first ranking this year is a very high one. As the 2014 IPR approaches (12/29, 12/30, and 12/31) can he build on this ranking and move up the Top 100 before the end of the year?
4. Jake Crist-The former #1 was probably a lock for an even higher spot this week had he not lost the RWA Tag Team Titles over the weekend. That being said, he gets in for the 3rd straight week after defeating Ron Mathis at Rockstar Pro on 11/5 and then he defeated DJ Hyde for the Rockstar Pro Title on 11/7. He also had a successful CZW World Tag Team Title defense on 11/8. Pretty impressive week for a guy who we’ve said before is more known as a tag team specialist, but there’s no doubting his talents all around as he once again used those talents to get ranked again. As we continue to mention throughout every write-up the last couple of months (and will continue to do so) this just helps to add to his end of year ranking in the IPR 100. Tied for #4 in the online poll.
5. Nick Steel-The 2014 TRP Killer Kowalski Cup Winner added his name to a list of talent that one that tournament this past week and was rewarded with his very first ranking in the IPR Top 10. First, he defeated Anthony Greene, then he defeated Bob Evans, and then finally he finished off the field by defeating Sean Burke in the Finals all in one night. This Northeast talent has been toiling away on the indies for a very long time and it’s interesting to see the former TRP Heavyweight Champion just now getting his first spot in the Top 10. Can he now capitalize on this ranking and improve his ranking in the upcoming weeks? He could have been even higher this week had his fans showed up to vote for him. Food for thought for future candidates.
6. Mickie Knuckles (@MickieLKnuckles)-The Resistance Pro Women’s Champion (and CCW Hardcore Champion) has been as dominant as any man throughout 2014 and honestly, she could go toe to toe with any man as well. This past week she scored not one, but two big wins over D’arcy Dixon as she first defeated her in a Steel Cage Match at Resistance Pro on 11/7 and then followed that up with another win vs. D’arcy at WSU on 11/8. Strong weekend for one of the hardest-hitting wrestlers in all the world. Male or female, it doesn’t matter. She’ll take them all on and when the end of the year hits, she’ll be right in the mix for one of the highest rankings in the IPR 100. She would expect nothing less.
7. Shane Strickland (@StricklandShane) -The CZW Wired TV Champion scored one of the bigger wins of the weekend when he defeated Devon Moore to retain his title in a Panes of Glass Match on 11/8. This marked the end of the snubbing of Shane Strickland. He’s been on the poll multiple times over the last few months and missed out repeatedly, but he finally broke through this week with such an impressive victory. He’s been doing a lot of good things throughout 2014 and this is just further icing on that cake. If he can continue his title reign with successful defenses along the way, he’s going to be a force to be reckoned with in 2015.
8. Marshe Rockett (@m80rockett)-Much like Strickland before him, Rockett scored one of the biggest victories of the weekend when he knocked off Jocephus for the Resistance Pro Title on 11/7. This was a HUGE win as Jocephus had held that title for 349 days, dominating Resistance Pro, before dropping the title to the former DREAMWAVE Alternative Champion. Rockett had a fantastic 2013 and then disappeared from the rankings for a bit in 2014, but now that he’s back on the radar, he may be able to get on a roll and build on this ranking before the IPR 100.
9. Nevaeh (@NevaehOI4K)-Impressive week for OI4K as a whole. Jake Crist scores a #4 ranking after being ranked the last 2 weeks and now Nevaeh jumps into the Top 10 as well. Not only that, Jake & Dave are on the Tag Team Top 5 online poll as well. That being said, she gets in this week on the strength of her Americdan Luchacore Title win vs. Alex Colon at Rockstar Pro on 11/17 and then capitalized on that big win with another vs. Jewells Malone at WSU on 11/8. She’s had a pretty impressive 2014, but oddly enough, despite a few times on the poll, this is her first ranking. If she can keep up this success rate, it won’t be her last.
10. Karsten Beck (@thebeckstasy)-After just missing out with an honorable mention last week, the former #1 gets back into the Top 10 as “The Maestro of professional wrestling” won some pretty big matches as he teamed with Sha Samuels on 11/7 to defeat Die Schilds at wXw Germany and also won an 18 Man Battle Royal at GHW. On top of that, he defeated Uhaa Nation on 11/9 at wXw Germany. His ranking would have undoubtedly been even higher this week had it not been for the loss in a 4 Way to Patrick Schulz at GHW on 11/8. Regardless, it’s been one hell of a run for one of the best in Europe.
1st Honorable Mention. Jushin ‘Thunder Liger-The Japanese legend and NEW NWA World Junior Heavyweight Champion just missed out this week as it was his multiple losses in 6 man and 8 man tag team matches that cost him this week.
2nd Honorable Mention. Scotty Vegas-The IWE (@IWEMaine) Champion just misses out this week after two big wins/title defenses. He’s come very close in recent weeks to cracking the Top 10. Perhaps it will happen in the very near future?
People’s Champ. Shane Mercer (@theirondemon)-One of the strongest men in all of professional wrestling wins the online voting competition with strong support from the company he is now the newest member of, in Strong Style Wrestling (@StrongStyleWres). They helped support their newest roster member as they pushed the poll and he scored the big victory this week with 59 votes. Congrats to the Iron Demon!
Others missing out/receiving votes:
Russ Jones-Tied for #8 in the online poll
Jeremy Leary-#3 in the online poll with 30 votes
Mexx-#10 in the online poll
Tyler Bateman-#6 in the online poll
Mike Schwarz-Tied for #4 in the online poll
Hakem Wakuur-#2 in the online poll with 44 votes
Jamie de la Combe
Our Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): http://indypowerrankingsipr.
Our Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/
Also search “Indy Power Rankings” for our open Facebook group where anyone on the indies can promote their various merchandise, fan pages, and upcoming events
Our Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin
Our Instagram where we SPOIL the Indy Power Rankings/Tag Team Top 5 #1 every Monday and Tuesday Night before you’ll see it anywhere else: @IndyPowerRankings
You can listen to the IPR Live here (this week’s guests are Josh Crow & Devon Moore): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
Check out the Indy Power Rankings Reveal on Filling the Void with special guest, John Cosper: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
Give Strong Style Wrestling (@StrongStyleWres) and The Hooligans (@BeardedBullys) a follow on Twitter and help them get to 2,000 followers!