1. Johnny Gargano (@JohnnyGargano)-There was absolutely no debate this week among the official voters as to who was #1. This was as easy as it gets after Johnny Gargano went 4-0 at WWN Live in China and managed to dethrone Ricochet to win the DGUSA Open the Freedom Gate Title for a 2nd time to cap off the week. It’s really hard to believe that Gargano has yet to reach #1 in 2014 after being #1 FIVE times (tied with Kevin Steen for the record at the time) in 2013. That being said, he’s definitely had a very solid 2013, but this was the week that really put him back on the map. Redemption is his. Now, can he build on this ranking and continue to improve his ranking in the 2014 IPR 100? #3 in the online poll with 18 votes
2. Caleb Konley (@CalebKonley)-1/2 of the DGUSA Open the United Gate Champions was as impressive as you can possibly be last week without getting the #1 ranking. Tough to overcome Gargano for that award, but regardless, Konley also went 4-0 with THREE successful tag team title defenses at WWN Live in China. While he hasn’t reached #1 in 2014 and he doesn’t have the PWX and WrestleForce Titles to his credit anymore…he has had a fantastic year despite all that. This is tied for his highest ranking this year as he continues to be one of the true work horses of DGUSA and EVOLVE.
3. MASADA-The ACW Heavyweight Champion was unstoppable over the weekend as he defeated ACH and Cherry Ramons to defend the title in quarter finals of the ACW Lone Star Classic 2014, then defeated The Texas Lion to retain the title in the semi-finals and beat Barrett Brown in the finals to retain his title and win the tournament (all on 11/16), to go 3-0 for the weekend. The big man has been a force to be reckoned with lately as he has won 6 matches in a row and 9 of his last 10. This is his highest ranking this year and will more than likely push him into the IPR 100. How far can he move up before 12/29, 12/30, and 12/31?
4. Adam Cole (@AdamColePro)-The former ROH World Champion and current #1 contender falls slightly from his #1 ranking last week, but not by much after he continued his dominance in ROH with a victory over Christopher Daniels on 11/15 at Glory by Honor in San Antonio, TX. With his title shot coming at Final Battle 2014, can he finish off the year with another #1 ranking and continue to add to his 2014 IPR 100 ranking? #2 last year...where will he be this year? Time will tell.
5. Jay Briscoe (@jaybriscoe84)-The ROH World Champion simply handled his business over the weekend as he put the title on the line in San Antonio, TX at Glory by Honor and walked out “still champ” as he defeated ACH. No matter who the champion is, the ROH World Title carries certain weight among the official voters, but oddly enough, Briscoe has yet to reach a #1 ranking this year. Will that all change at Final Battle when he squares off with Adam Cole in a Fight Without Honor?
6. Rich Swann (@GottaGetSwann)-One of the most talented high flyers in the entire world finally has some singles gold to showcase along with his great skill. He had a very good week as he teamed with AR Fox to lose to The Bravado Brothers on 11/10 then teamed with AR Fox & Ricochet to defeat The Colony & Chuck Taylor on 11/12 and then beat Trent ? to win the FIP World Title on 11/14 at WWN in China, then defended the FIP World Title on 11/16 against AR Fox at WWN in China to go 3-1 for the week. He has been virtually non-existent in the Indy Power Rankings Top 10 this year…can this ranking be the thing that propels him upwards into the IPR 100?
7. Mia Yim (@MiaYim)-Like Swann, this is her very first ranking in the Singles Top 10 this year. Despite all the talent in the world, she had been unable to really get any traction and do much as far as getting ranked. This week was different as she defeated Allysin Kay on 11/10, then beat Su Young on 11/12, then teamed with Ivelisse to lose to Allysin Kay and Su Young on 11/14, then beat Ivelisse to become the NEW SHINE Champion on 11/16 to go 3-1 at WWN in China. Had it not been for the tag loss, she likely would have been in contention for a #1 ranking this week, but as it stands she’ll have to settle for #7. We shall see if she can build on this with the IPR 100 approaching.
8. Jay Lethal (@TheLethalJay)-The ROH World TV Champion just keeps plugging along, defending the title, and winning. On 11/15 he became the man that ended “the new streak” as he defeated RD Evans (with a little help from Moose). His title reign has been nothing less than impressive as he has managed to find a way to win every time it looked like someone might dethrone him. There’s no doubt that he’ll land high in the IPR 100 this year, but just how high can he get? Final Battle is approaching. Will that help or hurt his cause?
9. Joseph Schwartz (@HebrewSchwartz)-Interestingl
10. Ricochet (@KingRicochet)-Generally when someone loses a title as important as the DGUSA Open the Freedom Gate Title, they miss out on the rankings completely. The week for Ricochet was different than most involving title losses as it was FANTASTIC and almost a guaranteed #1 ranking before the title loss. First he beat Chuck Taylor on 11/10 to retain the title, then He then teamed with AR Fox & Rich Swann to defeat Chuck Taylor & The Colony on 11/12, and then beat AR Fox on 11/14 to retain the title again at WWN in China. He finally lost the DGUSA OTFG Title to Johnny Gargano on 11/16 which pushed him down the Top 10, but not out.
1st Honorable Mention. Rampage Brown (@RampageBrown)-The ASW British Champion, TCW Champion and 1/2 of PCW Tag Team Champions; defeated Justin Sysum on 11/15 in RRW and then beat Marty Scurll the same day; then beat Wolfgang and BT Gunn in a three way match to retain the title and go 3-0 for the weekend. He may have cracked the Top 10 this week if he had a little more support in the online vote from the fans.
2nd Honorable Mention. AJ Styles (@AJStylesOrg)-Despite a loss in a 3 Way on 11/14 at NEW (vs. Matt Taven & Matt Sydal), AJ almost got in on the strength of his victory (and overall body of work) vs. Matt Sydal on 11/15 at ROH. With the IPR 100 approaching, AJ’s matches just keep getting bigger and bigger in terms of importance as to where he is ranked at the end of the year.
People’s Champ. Marc Hauss (@TheMarcHauss)-The new XCite Champion was a late addition to the poll, but he came from behind and came up with as dominant of a victory in the online voting competition as anyone has ever had. 137 votes were cast for him this week, which was insane, considering he took 41.77% of the online votes, overall. Congrats to the new champ and the 2 Time People’s Champ!
Others missing out/receiving votes:
Chase Matthews-#2 in the online poll with 52 votes
Zodiak-Tied for #9 in the online poll.
Victor Andrews-#4 in the online poll.
Greeko Squave-Tied for #5 in the online poll.
Thomas Walton III-Tied for #5 in the online poll.
Rod Street-Tied for #7 in the online poll.
Stacy Shadows-Tied for #9 in the online poll.
Our Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): http://indypowerrankingsipr.
Our Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/
Also search “Indy Power Rankings” for our open Facebook group where anyone on the indies can promote their various merchandise, fan pages, and upcoming events
Our Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin
Our Instagram where we SPOIL the Indy Power Rankings/Tag Team Top 5 #1 every Monday and Tuesday Night before you’ll see it anywhere else: @IndyPowerRankings
You can listen to the IPR Live here (this week’s guests are Tyson Dux & Matt Tremont): http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
Check out the Indy Power Rankings Reveal on Filling the Void with special guest, Reed Bentley: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/
Give Strong Style Wrestling (@StrongStyleWres) and The Hooligans (@BeardedBullys) a follow on Twitter and help them get to 2,000 followers!
The 2nd Annual IPR 100 takes place on 12/29, 12/30, & 12/31 from 9 PM to 11 PM EST on Weekly Wrestling Podcast! The 1st Annual Tag Team Top 50 takes place on 12/30 on Filling the Void Radio Network from 3 PM to 5 PM EST! Don’t miss these huge shows!!!