Indy Power Rankings for the Week of March 17th, 2014
- Chris Hero-The EVOLVE Champion gets his first #1 ranking in the Indy Power Rankings on the strength of his 4 victories in the wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament on 3/14, 3/15, and 3/16. With wins over Freddy Stahl, Karsten Beck, Adam Cole (last week’s #3), and Axel Tischer, the voters were split on if Hero had the overall body of work in 2014 (wins and losses) to get the #1, but in the end, “The Knockout Artist” won out. #3 in the online poll.
- Caleb Konley-“Caleb got robbed!” Several of the voters voiced this outcry but to no avail. After weeks in the Indy Power Rankings, the PWX and WrestleForce Champion falls just short of getting the #1 this week, despite 3 wins at PWX over the weekend. With wins vs. the CZW Wired TV Champion Shane Strickland, Chip Day, and Jake Manning, the incumbent #2 would have easily been the #1 on most weeks, but Hero’s impressive performance in 16 Carat Gold got the nod. Caleb has been consistently ranked for more than a month. When will his time come again at #1? #9 in the online poll.
- Drew Gulak-The CZW World Champion shoots up the rankings this week after 2 more successful title defenses. He took his title down to Florida and defended it twice at FIP vs. Timothy Thatcher and Roderick Strong. Both times he came out on top. He continues his march towards #1 again…for a better CZW.
- Ricochet-The Dragon Gate Open the Dream Gate Champion added gold to his collection this week, but unfortunately for him, lost it the next day. He went 2-2 this week in tag team action with Rich Swann to make his overseas total 18-2 on this tour of Japan and Europe. He and Swann won the RPW Tag Team Titles and defeated The Young Bucks before losing them to The Kartel on 3/16. It was an amazing run at #1 for Ricochet, but he has not fallen out of the Top 10 just yet. Indeed, hail to the king. #10 in the online poll.
- Aaron Williams-Surprisingly, despite 2 wins this week, The Rockstar Pro Champion falls back a spot this week. Blame heavy competition or blame disrespect, but Williams will definitely take offense to this slight. With victories vs. Davey Vega and Ricky Starks at IWA East Coast (teaming with Ron Mathis) and a win vs. Shane Mercer at Rockstar Pro, it seemed like he would be in a position to move up this week. Regardless, he sticks around this week and does not appear to be leaving the Top 10 any time soon. Can he bounce back and climb to #1 for the first time?
- Da Fireman-2 wins this week and another title helps Da Fireman move up FOUR spots this week. While he may be unfamiliar to a lot of independent wrestling fans, he’s starting to blaze a trail all across the Southeast portion of the country. He has won 8 straight and is now a double champion (Flatline Pro Wrestling Heavyweight Champion and RCW Heavyweight Champion). #2 in the online poll.
- Tim Donst-One online voter described Donst’s one night at AIW as being on par or better than most people’s entire weekend. Hard to argue with that after Tim Donst defeated Eddie Kingston and then proceeded to win the AIW Gauntlet for the Gold 9. With a little more activity, it’s very possible he could reach #1 at some point in the next few weeks/months. #7 in the online poll.
- Melvin Maximus-Much like Aaron Williams, despite 2 wins this week, the OVW TV Champion (who does nothing but win) fell 3 spots. After defeating Robbie Walker and The Bodyguy over the weekend, he has now run his win streak to at least 9. He has been as dominant as any OVW TV Champion in recent memory.
- AJ Styles-Hard to believe a name like AJ would be ranked this low after defeating Kevin Steen and AR Fox over the weekend, but that’s the harsh reality of the Indy Power Rankings sometimes. He has now won 3 straight and looks to build on that success when he takes on the current #1 at ROH in Dayton on Saturday 3/22.
- Uhaa Nation-“The One Man Nation” transformed into “Beast Mode” over the weekend as he won 3 matches at Dragon Gate. Despite some recent struggles, the big man finds his way back into the Top 10 after re-establishing himself as a dominant force in Japan.
1st Honorable Mention. Dylan Drake-Defeated former #4 in the Indy Power Rankings Chris Masters at APW on 3/15. #1 in the online poll and People’s Champ for this week.
2nd Honorable Mention. Lince Dorado-Went 2-0, winning the FIP Florida Heritage Title. #8 in the online poll.
Just missing out/Others Receiving Votes:
Sam Shields-#6 in the online poll
Zane Dawson-#4 in the online poll
James Anthony-#5 in the online poll
Our Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): http://indypowerrankingsipr.
Our Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/
Our Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin
Post a Comment