Indy Power Rankings for the Week of April 7th 2014
2. Melvin Maximus-The OVW TV Champion has proven once again that he is as unbeatable right now as anyone has been on the indies in 2014. After a 4-0 week this week at OVW, he has now won 27 straight matches. Let that soak in a bit. 27 up and 27 down for the champ. “Official” voters argued that strength of schedule hasn’t been up to par for him, but he beats whoever is in front of him. #4 in the online poll.
3. Matt Cross-“M-Dogg” would have been #1 on most other weeks with his win in the historic ECWA Super 8 Tournament, but this was not a normal week. This was the week of Wrestlecon. Despite many HUGE talents being down in New Orleans, Matt Cross made an impact by knocking off Gran Akuma, Ricky Martinez, and John Skyler on 4/5 to win the 18th Annual tournament. Congrats to a guy who has been plying his trade for quite some time now. #6 in the online poll.
4. Shane Hollister-After being ranked #8 last week, the AAW Heavyweight Champion defeated last week’s #4 Matt Cage on 4/5 to win the SCW Heavyweight title to become a double champion. As good as last year was for “The Shug”, this year has been absolutely epic! He’s already scored two #1 rankings and with his current climb up the IPR ladder, he’s looking for his 3rd. With AAW running this weekend, can he cash in a personal best, third #1? #3 in the online poll.
5. Adam Cole-The ROH/PWG World Champion makes a rare 2014 appearance after 2 big victories over the weekend. First he defeated Jay Briscoe in a violent Ladder War to take possession of both “World” titles at ROH and then he teamed with Michael Bennett and Matt Hardy to beat Kevin Steen and The Briscoes in a 6 Man War. Cole has not been quite as dominant in 2014 as he was in late 2013, but he’s starting to get momentum and if he can keep it up, LOOK THE HELL OUT. #5 in the online poll.
6. Uhaa Nation-While the fans didn’t show up for him in the online poll, you can’t deny his recent success. Over the weekend he teamed with Masato Yoshino to defeat T-Hawk & Yosuke Santa-Maria on 4/5 and MAD BLANKEY in an 8 Man Tag on 4/6. He has won 11 of his last 12 matches with a 22-11 record in 2014. It’s been another good year so far for “The One Man Nation”.
7. Ivelisse-The SHINE Champion had arguably the best single weekend of anyone in the Top 10 this week (sans possibly Ricochet with his title win). She defeated Jazz on 4/4 at A Wrestling Odyssey to retain the title, Kimber Lee at SHIMMER on 4/5, and Mercedes Martinez at DGUSA on 4/5. She has won 8 straight matches and shows absolutely no sign of stopping. She DOMINATED the online poll with a 28 vote margin of victory. She is your “People’s Champ” this week.
8. Nikki Storm-All she does is win. She moves up one spot from last week as she is now 3-0 the last 2 weeks after ending Thunderkitty’s win streak at SHIMMER Volume 62. She has won 9 straight matches overall and is 9-1 in 2014. Much like Uhaa, her fans didn’t show up to the online poll, but she did enjoy success among the “official” voters.
9. Athena-Much like Nikki Storm, Athena moves up one spot from last week after a solid weekend with yet another victory. The AIW Women’s Champion defeated Candice LeRae on 4/5 at SHIMMER to extend her impressive win streak. She is 4-1-1 in 2014. #9 in the online poll.
10. Jay Lethal-He didn’t get a lot of love in the online poll this week, but clearly he didn’t need too much of it. Over the weekend he defeated Tommaso Ciampa on 4/4 in a Best 2 out of 3 Falls Match to win the ROH World TV Title for a 2nd time and retained the title by DQ vs. Alex Koslov on 4/5. It was really a shocking win for Lethal and while his 2014 win-loss record hasn’t been as good as he’d probably hope for, he’s got some gold (and a ranking) now.
Honorable Mention. RD Evans-Went 2-0 this week (100 straight imaginary victories). Has won 9 out of 10 matches, overall.
Just missing out/Others Receiving Votes:
Our Website (where YOU can participate in the weekly online poll voting): http://indypowerrankingsipr.
Our Facebook page: www.Facebook.com/
Our Twitter: @IndyPowerRankin
Post a Comment